Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Thoughts on Vlogging

Lately, I've been developing a bit of a fascination for vlogs. If you're not familiar with the term, "vlog" is short for video blog. You can find tons of vlogs over at YouTube.

A lot of them are flat out boring stinkers, but it really is a medium with an incredible amount of potential. I mean, you could use it simply as a video diary or actually get really creative with it and come up with your own style of personal journalism. A few clicks later, it's on the internet for the whole world to see.

One particular vlogger I'm a fan of is LisaNova. She's got a goofy, yet really cool and random artistic style I just love watching.

Of course it's not always used in productive ways. The cyber-arguing that plagues 99% of message boards didn't take long to find its way to the vlogosphere. Yeah, that's right, I've seen people fight...via vlog. Vloguments. Did I just coin a new phrase? But seriously, how tough are you if you pick your fights through pre-recorded messages over the internet?

I don't know how my fascination started, but it's here. I've been debating the possibility of trying it out myself, but I'm not quite sure yet.
Any thoughts? Anyone? Anyone?

No comments: