Thursday, August 04, 2005

Random Musings

One month from today is my 23rd birthday. I'm not normally one for parties, but I'm thinking a small one might be nice, just something cool to mark the occasion. I'm not quite sure what yet. We'll see.

I've been feeling pretty stressed lately, as you can see in recent entries, so I figure it's time to do something for myself to help me find my way back to my normal state of semi-sanity. I've done some research and planning and I've decided that just after my birthday, I'm hitting the road and spending a few days in Niagara Falls. It'll be fantastic, I really need this. A few days away to just wander, do my own thing, and maybe even re-create some of the magic of last year's adventure.
For those reading, if you're one of the few who don't know about my adventure from last year, I think I'm going to write about it coming up on the one year anniversary of the events. It's something of a long read, but I love reliving the magic.


I had a blast from the past on Tuesday. Amanda, an old highschool friend of mine, tracked me down on MySpace. After a couple notes, we got to chatting via instant message, just catching up and getting reacquainted with one another after five years.
Five years, it's really hard to believe how fast that went by.
It's so cool that we're chatting. We never really got to know each other very well in highschool, now we get a second chance. Too cool.


I'm feeling a bit more optimistic about filmmaking. I've been doing a lot of reading and research lately and the more I think about it, the more confident I am that it's entirely possible. I can do this.

Stay tuned.

-Jacob

No comments: