Friday, July 28, 2006

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Our street is under water. I don't mean it's really wet, I mean you can't see the road due to the fact there is a river on top of it. And the sidewalks.
It started raining Thursday morning. It's now early Friday morning and it's still raining. I'm really considering seeing if eBay has any reasonably priced arks.
Our basement is flooded, the water's about 4 feet high. Everything down there is pretty much lost. The washer and dryer are completely under water. The refrigerator down there is tipped over. All of Dad's tools. It looks like I've lost most of the comic books I spent over 10 years collecting, plus posters, plus my action figure collection. It's starting to hit me, I'm feeling a bit sick to my stomach.
Word is, if it keeps raining like this, the city might cut the power (before the water starts reaching fuse boxes) and evacuate the area.
I've always wanted to live on the water, but this isn't quite what I meant.

No comments: