Thursday, June 28, 2007

When Does Twenty Four Hours Equal Six Seconds?

When you're an animator, that's when. I just finished a six second shot for The Girl and the Ghost that took twenty-four and a half hours of work over four days. I'm relieved it's done, but wow, talk about tedious.

Funny thing is, it's not a terribly complex shot as you watch it, it'll most likely blow right by and nobody will even suspect it took so long. I suppose that's what should happen if I'm doing my job right.

There's the challenge. Once this thing's finished and online, watch it and enjoy it. Then watch it again and enjoy it more. Upon the third viewing, if you're the first one to correctly guess which shot I'm referring to in this blog entry, you win...something. I don't know. My praise? Fame? Fortune? We'll figure something out.

No comments: